Tuesday 17 July 2012

31 weeks.....

All is growing and moving at a rapid rate. Bean is now the size of 4 navel oranges. 


It's been a busy time for purchasing for Bean.  There is so much out there, but we are pretty decisive and as long as things most importantly practical and well designed, J + I have similar tastes. 


We have bought the crib, no hesitation really. We opted for the Ouef Sparrow in grey which comes with a conversion kit for when wee infant grows into a toddler. Bean I hope you like it. Also ticked of the list is the stroller, which comes with a handy bassinet from Uppababy The bassinet is great, it fits not only to the stroller but also a stand so we can use that initially for Bean so that he (we still don't know that) can sleep next to us. The bassinet comes with a detachable screen which will deter the kitties from wanting to nestle in with the baby. It's already set up in the room and the cats aren't interested in it at all.  And lastly for this week we bought the Mico car seat from Maxi Cosy which will attach to the Uppababy which is super handy. It's super light weight but all importantly safe. If we decide to birth in the hospital you have to have a American Safety standard car seat to take the baby home in. 


My restaurant reviews are kind of non existent nowadays, we are eating out but not so much in the evening. So before I forget I have to give a little mention to Le Garage. At the weekend we ventured out to this wonderful restaurant in Sausalito with our Brazilian friends for Brunch. It reminded me very much of open concept restaurants in Amsterdam. Le Garage is set in 'yes you guessed it' an old garage. A French Bistro vibe on the water. I'll be back there again soon, great setting, great food and company. 


I guess another development is that we are also considering a home birth. Yep late in the game with 2 months to go, but I'm feeling more and more that I want a natural birthing experience and not sure that will happen in hospital. We are just exploring. We hope to meet the midwife at the weekend. The only downside I can see is that insurance won't cover home birth, which is mind boggling when you think of how much it costs to give birth in the hospital, yet the insurance co is happy to pay for that. It really is eye opening as Ricki Lake researched......in the USA being born is a business. 


Oh and bean is definitely head down. Our doula popped by at the weekend to chat about our wishes and surprised us by offering to feel the baby, measure the fundal height and listen to the heart beat. It was nice to be at home lying on the couch whilst she checked me and bean out. Bean is head down, with his legs happily kicking me in between the rib cage. Very softly though. That's when I think, maybe it's a girl ;-P


Highlight of the week so far was a shoot with Chester the Cheeto puppet. He wanted to feel my belly!



Chester and Bean







No comments: