Wednesday 4 April 2012

Week 16 + Napa Valley

It's been a busy week thus far with work plus friends in town.


At the weekend we went on a wee road trip to Napa Valley and stayed the night in the Wine Country Inn in St Helena with friends visiting from Sweden. The WCI is an amazing, welcoming country inn, set looking over the vineyards. Mum/ Dad, I've already booked us back in for your visit. We also sampled the delights of the Farmstead on Saturday night. The Farmstead rears all it's cattle, lamb, goat and vegetables, so everything we ate was probably grazing in the hills a few days earlier up on the Farm Meadow Ranch. Gulp. Our visitors were really impressed and voted the meat at Farmstead the best they had ever eaten. Argentinean Joakim on the other hand would beg to differ that the meat from his mother's land is the best in the world. I thought the food was great and will be back again. http://www.longmeadowranch.com/Farmstead-Restaurant


Earlier in the week I went a little crazy in a maternity wear shop called A Pea in the Pod http://www.apeainthepod.com/. It's a lovely wee shop near Union Square and I couldn't resist purchasing a few (don't tell Joakim) dresses that are especially fitted for the growing bump. I also bought some of the Mama Mio cream that all the mum's here seem to rave about. It's supposed to stop stretch marks from 9 months of the skin growing to accommodate the baby. I think how your skin reacts is really hereditary but there's no harm in using the cream just in case it might possibly help.


Yesterday I was back at the Perinatal Associates for another blood draw, that's my 3rd. So hope to get results next week and then we decide whether to do an Amnio. Today I had my nearly 16 week check up. I've gained approx 9 lbs/ 4kg and weigh-in was 123lbs approx 58kg.


And da da da.......da belly finally popped out. The technical word seems to be that I am 'showing'. What a wonderful term. It's as if I am finally showing that yes we are making a wee human life down there. I am feeling really happy and so is Joakim. It's happening!


More next week.

No comments: