Tuesday 27 March 2012

Week 14.5

So it's week 14 nearly 15.


Unfortunately, last week I got beaten by the common cold which whilst pregnant I can second that it is miserable. I was off work for the week - although this is the US, so technically I was still working but from under my duvet. There were only a few things I could take to ease the symptoms. Hall's cough sweets for my sore throat, Tylenol for the headaches with a small dose of Robitussin for the non stop evening cough. The classic remedy of hot milk and honey also helped me feel better.


As for bean. I think he (yes could be a she) is fine. This week I purchased my first 'maternity' dress....don't be thinking tent, this is quite fitted and it definitely makes me look pregnant. I will wait to wear to work till next week as it really does accentuate that I have a pregnant belly and not a 'whose been eating all the pies' belly. My normal dresses have been casually disguising my bump.


It is quite wonderful to see my belly grow. I don't seem to be worried by the added weight I've gained, it maybe weird but I get excited to see the number rise as it just means little bean is growing. I'm now 120Lbs, approx 6Lbs (for my Euro friends 54+ kilos, so I've put on 2.72 kilos) which is just bigger than a small bag of potatoes.


Here is a photo of me at 14.5 weeks, just very subtle growth. To an untrained Cat eye it maybe difficult to see any changes from last week.




So that's it for this week.

No comments: