Tuesday 10 April 2012

17 weeks- a week for relaxing

All very calm in the world this week. I went to my first prenatal yoga class on Saturday. Very surreal to be in a room of 30 or so women at various stages of pregnancy. I was one of the smallest at 16 weeks to a lady who was 38 weeks! The class was amazing, it focused on mind, the little one and also lots of yoga poses and arm strengthening exercise (practice for holding the baby maybe).


The class is held at Yogatree Valencia by a wonderful teacher (also doula*) Jane. Her energy is contagious and I think the 90 mins with her were the best 90 mins of my week. Totally hooked.


Here's the wee bean expanding the horizontal dress somewhat.




This week I also received my tests from the 2nd round of genetic tests. My results were negative and no action is required, although a few friends have recommended that I have an amnio for piece of mind just in case. The risks from something going wrong from the amnio are much higher than my tests. I have a week or so to think more about whether the have the amnio or not.


I also treated myself to a prenatal massage today. It's been a while and I have been told to enjoy every moment of my pregnancy, so I am following that mantra. The masseur provided me with a specially adapted mattress with a wee hole in the middle for my belly to comfortably sit. I wanted to take the mattress home with me. Absolute bliss. I am already booked in for the end of the month.




*doula. More to come on the term next week.

No comments: