Sunday 11 July 2010

Eden Roc, Hotel du Cap***




Ok I am spoilt. On my frequent flyer points I headed to Cannes for a long weekend to join J, as it was part of the advertising week. Rather spontaneously one morning I was asked whether I would like to go to lunch at Eden Roc.


I'm a foodie and should of really known of Eden Roc and it's location on the grounds of the famous Hotel du Cap. I really didn't know until we our cab took us into the meandering drive way with a sign left 'Hotel du Cap' and sign right 'Eden Roc'. Hotel du Cap is said to be a hotel for celebrities on the Riviera from around the world. If you check out their website you will see an A-Z to the most influential icons from the past century.

On the Friday I visited there wasn't a celebrity sighting to be seen. Although there were many sightings of the older man with the younger woman and the older lady trying to remain young with the over zealous cosmetic nip and tuck. After what seemed like 10 minutes we waited for a table (after reserving early) after being passed from one waiter to the next to be seated. Only residents 'apparently' can take a seat overlooking the sea and the millionaires 'yachts' to me they are mini ocean liners, we weren't too fussed as we still had a view of the Mediterranean and Hotel du Cap's famous infinity pool. The views are amazing. The service is not what you would expect at all for the E40 price tag for starters. Really sporadic and to be honest I've had better Langoustines on the Med but we were in near Cannes where you will be paying E20 for a sunlounger. Try down the coast in Pals, and those babies would be E10 max, but hey it's an experience and the company was hilarious with an exec producer of an Aussie production co, 2 x creatives from Sydney who had just won a gold for a beer commercial and my French/ American rep from Paris.

Great fun and afterwards we had a little stroll round the regal grounds of the Hotel. It's definitely worth a visit to see how you could live, but I am quite happy living my life how I do.


Eden Roc
http://www.hotel-du-cap-eden-roc.com/uk/index.php
Cap Antibes
South of France

No comments: