Monday 17 September 2012

36 weeks......4 weeks to go. 3rd trimester tiredness setting in.

Oh my. How did we get to 36 weeks so quickly with only 4 weeks to go to the imaginary due date. The past week or so has been busy with work and it's hard to stay focused when you get to 4pm. At the weekends I generally take a nap around 4 for a couple of hours. I just need a nap to re-energise. 

Last week we went to Bright Horizon's to check out the daycare facilities. All I can say is that I was overwhelmed by how positive everyone was at the centre, from the staff even down to the infants at less than 6 months old. I do hope that everything works out so that our wee one can attend. 

The weekend was pretty intense as J and I went to childbirthing classes Saturday and Sunday day at Carmel Blue. The course was held by a wonderful woman called Sandra Lloyd. Sandra is a doula and practices hynobirthing and was really informative about the process of labour, what to expect at hospital, relaxation and massage techniques. J even watched 4 x births on video without fainting which is an encouraging sign. There was a lot to take in, but I really feel that both of us have a better understanding of what to expect and to have the ability to make informed decisions.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a post-partum doula to look into help for the first few weeks. To help with feeding, making sure all three of us are coping :-) 

 
We still need to take a photo from 36 weeks, the below photos are from 34 weeks prior to our join birthday, engagement and baby celebration weekend. I'm still trying to find a great photo with Jab too. Will upload ASAP.





No comments: