Saturday 3 April 2010

Puccini-Best salad in town***

EXPRESSO BAR PUCCINI

Puccini's is an incredibly small lunch cafe situated on a sunny corner overlooking the Stadhuis (Town Hall), next to Puccini Bomboni. As space is limited you enter straight into the cafe's open kitchen. Everytime I visit I feel lucky to get a seat and when you do you must be happy being seated really close to fellow diners. Fortunately in Summer there is seating outside- whereby you can watch the world go by.

Puccini's is officially called Expresso Bar Puccini, but I think they are selling themselves short. In my opinion they do the best salad in Amsterdam- Salad with Poached Salmon. I come here every other weekend for a helping of goodness. Poached salmon with artichokes, asparagus, boiled egg, sun dried tomatoes, onion, pumpkin seeds, dill and yoghurt dip on a bed of salad leaves with a wonderful dressing that I have tried to spy them making. I think 'that' dressing' is the secret that ties all the ingredients together.

Puccini Bomboni is renowned for it's rich chocolates and what better way to finish your meal off than to visit the chocolate shop next door.

Food: ****
Service: ***

Expresso Bar Puccini
Staalstraat 21
Amsterdam
Tel. 020-6208458
http://www.puccini.nl/

No comments: