Friday 3 September 2010

Mambo- Italian sandwiches **

As promised, like a little kitten ( I just acquired 2 kittens so sorry for the analogy) I am venturing a little further each lunchtime to try out different places. Today I popped into Mambo on Eerste Van der Helststraat, just over the Albert Cuyp Markt and just past Chocolate. Are you there yet?

Mambo is an Italian sandwich place with a large terrace where you can watch the bustle of the Pijp, or go inside and you will find lots of kitsch, vintage and curios. Little lamp shades, vases with roses, random dolls and mismatched chairs. It may look a little cramped near the entrance, but will  find additional seating if you walk behind the serving counter and up the precarious stairway. Cosy!

Mambo has a selection of good sandwiches at a reasonable price and is a great cosy place to catch up with a friend, refuelling before tackling the market. I heard a rumour it maybe open in the evening for dinner, but I'm not sure I'll have to check it out.


Mambo
Eerste Van der Helststraat 66
020-6791295

No comments: